David Alpert is CEO of Skybound Entertainment, founded alongside longtime collaborator Robert Kirkman. Alpert is a prolific producer, with television credits including The Walking Dead and its companion series Fear The Walking Dead, Outcast, Robert Kirkman’s Secret History of Comics, and Dirk Gently’s Holistic Detective Agency.
The interview discusses:
- How David and Robert Kirkman took the Walking Dead comic book series and turned it into the most watched show in cable television history;
- What it means to sell a television show to a network in terms of both economics and creative control;
- The actual role of a television and film producer;
- What David and Robert did (that had never been done before) that helped turn The Walking Dead into an international sensation;
- What it means that Skybound signed a “First Look” deal with Amazon;
- David’s view on whether the current level of spending on content by companies like Amazon and Netflix are sustainable (and whether he believes they make economic sense);
- David’s thoughts on the competitive position of content providers like Disney;
- What low-tech form of entertainment is making a huge comeback and how Skybound is profiting from it in a major way
Available wherever you download podcasts
About The Boyar Family Of Companies
Boyar Asset Management
We have been managing money since 1983 utilizing our proprietary in-house value-oriented equity strategies. We manage money for high net worth individuals and institutions via separately managed accounts. To find out how we can help you with your money management needs please click here
Since 1975 we have been producing independent research on intrinsically undervalued companies across the market capitalization spectrum and in a wide variety of industries using a business person’s approach to stock market investing. To find out how we can help you with your research needs please click here
Disclaimer: This interview does not constitute a complete description of our investment services and is for informational purposes only. It is in no way a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell any securities or investment advisory services. Any statements regarding market or other financial information is obtained from sources which we believe to be reliable, but we do not warrant or guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results and there is no assurance that any targets or forward-looking statements will be attained. This interview represents the views of Boyar Asset Management as of December 13th 2018 and may change without notice. Boyar Asset Management may own shares in any of the companies discussed during the interview.