About Howard Lorber
Howard Lorber is the president and CEO of Vector Group Ltd., a holding company. He is also the Chairman of Douglas Elliman, a subsidiary of Vector, which is the largest residential real estate brokerage in New York metropolitan area with 4,000 brokers as of 2014 (and an additional 300 in Florida). Lorber is chairman of fast food chain Nathan’s Famous .
The interview discusses:
- How he helped turn Nathan’s Famous from a small restaurant chain into a global licensing business that sells over 480 million hot dogs per year;
- Characteristics he looks for in companies he looks to acquire;
- His thoughts on the New York real estate market;
- What areas within the New York residential real estate market he believes currently offer the greatest values;
- His views on technology disrupting the real estate business and who is potentially most vulnerable;
- How he believes tobacco companies will participate in the cannabis market.
Available wherever you download podcasts
About The Boyar Family Of Companies
Boyar Asset Management
We have been managing money since 1983 utilizing our proprietary in-house value-oriented equity strategies. We manage money for high net worth individuals and institutions via separately managed accounts. To find out how we can help you with your money management needs please click here
Since 1975 we have been producing independent research on intrinsically undervalued companies across the market capitalization spectrum and in a wide variety of industries using a business person’s approach to stock market investing. To find out how we can help you with your research needs please click here
Disclaimer: This interview does not constitute a complete description of our investment services and is for informational purposes only. It is in no way a solicitation to buy or an offer to sell any securities or investment advisory services. Any statements regarding market or other financial information is obtained from sources which we believe to be reliable, but we do not warrant or guarantee the timeliness or accuracy of this information. Past performance is no guarantee of future results and there is no assurance that any targets or forward-looking statements will be attained. This interview represents the views of Boyar Asset Management as of May 9th,th 2019 and may change without notice. Boyar Asset Management may own shares in any of the companies discussed during the interview.